A week ago, yesterday, my mom came in town to visit. YEA! I thoroughly enjoy spending time with her. Here’s a quick run down of what we did this past week.
– Mom came in.
– We sat around the house and chatting, while I was working on some art for the office.
– Mom opened her retirement present and then we had to play with it, so we started the Sound of Music on Blu Ray and did the sin-a-long version, so FUN! I need to have a party and do this (David came home from work and we thought we might be disturbing him with our “lovely” voices).
– Dinner with mom, David, John, and Kelly at Enchiladas y Mas (YUM!).
– Mom stay with John and Kelly.
– I worked on the buffet while mom and Kelly worked on finishing up their moving stuff.
– I honestly can’t remember what we did that evening…WOW!! I’m getting old.
– OH YEA! I made chicken and rice and everyone came to eat at our house, HAHA!
– Kelly, mom, and I went up to Sun “Fun” City.
– Ate lunch at Monument Cafe (good home cooking and a FABULOUS chocolate pie, it has a to die for pecan crust…mmmm….)
– Drove around Georgetown and viewed model homes (WAY FUN!)
– I worked on the buffet again this morning.
– Mom came over around 1:00 and we had lunch (chic-fil-a that was brought to me, it doesn’t get much better).
– Mom, Brenda (mom’s good friend), and I had a fabulous girl’s afternoon (puppy vet visit, lunch at El Patron Mexican Restaurant, some shopping (Charming Charlie and Austin Consignment Depot), pedicures, and some yogurt at Yogurt Planet.
– Mom stayed and spent some time with David and I
– Mom went and dropped on John and Kelly at the airport (California here they come…) and brought home donuts.
– Ate some Round Rock donuts.
– Normal Saturday stuff (David mowed, I lounged, made a trip to Home Depot).
– Worked on the buffet some more and David was getting ready for camp.
– Dinner with friends (Kim, Will, and Doug) at Home Slice (delicious!).
– 9:30 left for the San Marcos Outlets
– 10:15 started shopping…
– 1 or 2 lunch at Center Point Station for some home cooking
– 4:45 left the outlets and drove around downtown San Marcos in hopes of finding some ribbon store and failed (it might help if we could remember the name next time, HA!).
– 5:30 made it back to Austin
– went to Target (found cut swim attire)
– 7:15 dinner at Pei Wei
– 8:00 FINALLY made it home
– Finished the Sound of Music sing-a-long we started the previous week.
– Slept in.
– Worked on devising a plan to put the shelf in the buffet and back on it.
– Went to Lowe’s to get screws and door knobs.
– Worked on the buffet some more.
– Went to Home Depot for nails (staples wouldn’t work more on this later).
– Came home and finished the buffet.
– After the 1 hour project turning into 5 hours we rested.
– I worked on some rice pillows.
– Dinner at FireBowl Cafe with Ben and Pima.
– Wal-Mart for some more rice for my pillows and ice cream sandwiches, yum!
– Since our movie day had turned into project day we watch The Diary of Anne Frank, because I’m nerdy like that. It was very cool how the condensed the actual diary into the movie.
– Finished my pillows.
– Lounged around
– “Brunch” at The Original Pancake House
– Mom headed back to the valley.
I think I got a little link happy, sorry! I wish I was better with my camera so I could have some pictures to share with the words (I love pictures, they help me feel like I’m really there). Wow that was a long trip and very eventful! I love when my parents come to visit. Sad I didn’t get to see my dad, but hopefully that will happen sometime soon.
I’m working on uploading all of the house pictures we have onto flickr right now. Then I will actually build the “Our House” page for you all to see. I’ve got a few more projects going on, so hopefully I will be able to get everything up soon. And we have another house guest starting tomorrow night. Hopefully I will take a few pictures this time. Anyone have any fun house guests recently? What did y’all do?